Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Painting A Day - Day 17

You might think I've been slacking because it's been a few days, but I haven't. In fact I've been busier than usual. In case you live anywhere in my vicinity, there's an annual "Peddler's Faire" held in the charming tiny town of Knights Ferry and I'm getting ready for it. Though the weather looks somewhat daunting I'm ever hopeful that it will be sunshine bright and cheery on Sunday.
It's a great test of organization getting ready for these kinds of events and requires me to make lists, on paper, not just in my head, because there's just too many things to remember. Sadly, the easy part is the art!
But the other things - getting each piece of art just right, getting mats, matting, packaging, pricing (what's too little, what's too much?), getting printer ink, going back to the store because the cartridge that I was assured would work didn't and required yet another trip to return it and then find another store that had the correct cartridges, .........you get the idea. It's just a lot of stuff. A lot of stuff that seems to be necessary busy work. I need an assistant and I haven't even made any money yet!

In any case, I have (oh yes I have) been painting every day in spite of the distractions of business and I spent a good couple of late nights trying to figure out how to set up this website to sell my art. I'm not thoroughly positive that it's correct but I'm ever hopeful that I do understand directions once in a while and have the ability to follow them. We'll see.

And then here are a few of things I've been working on and will probably take with me to the Peddler's Faire this weekend. They are 11 x 15. Matted they would be about 16 x 20....a formidable size piece of art I would think.

K

Happy Flowers, 11 x 15. Unmatted, unframed, $55. Sold.


Orange/Red Poppies, 11 x 15.
Unmatted, unframed, $55.

Happy Poppies, 11x15
Unmatted, unframed, $55.


Happy Sunflowers, 11x15.
Unframed, unmatted, $55.

The Girls, 11 x 15.
Unmatted, unframed, $55.

No comments:

Post a Comment