Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 7/8 - A Painting A Day - Now it's Tuesday already

Art from today and yesterday first: 

Barn... not finished......still thinking.
9 x 12 inches




                                                          Iris and Ranunculus
                                                         9 x 12 inches

 The Pier House
 1 1/2 x 5 inches







Purple Mountain Church
4 x 2 1/2 inches



Buggy Flower
5 x 7 inches    


Red and Orange Tree
5 x 7 inches

I've been a bit lost in the shuffle of the business aspect of art. Getting a seller's permit requires me to go to Sacramento which doesn't sound like a big deal - but then I realized how much I don't drive anymore. Sure, I drive around town, and I may drive to Southern California, and not nearly enough of that - but all of a sudden I felt like ......well - old.  And not only did it make me feel old, it actually puts a crimp in my day.......it's maybe an hour, hour and a half up there, the same going back, an hour and a half there waiting for my application to be approved and then the worst part is that I have to actually find out where I'd be going (which requires directions and I don't like those). I'm not much for little complications - like driving in unchartered territory. OKAY, I know it's only Sacramento, but *groan* there's probably going to be some surprise one way street sprung on me. Really, the worst part is just the anticipation. And the other cars on the road. I like everyone to be home. Or at work. But not driving on the road with me.

And it cuts my painting time. Much more than writing this.
Things that bug me. I'll make a list.
1. Having to go to Sacramento.
2. Not getting to paint for almost a day.

That's it. It's a short list today.

K

P.S. And I didn't go to Sacramento.  I stayed home to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment