Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day Two - What to Do, What to Do


I read this book a few years ago called "Our Wildest Dreams," by Joline Godfrey... well, okay, I didn't actually read the whole book, I read the parts that interested me as I was skimming through. What I got was basically what I've known all along - that you find something that you absolutely love; something that you're passionate about, and then give it your best effort, your complete 150% and absolutely do not sit back on your laurels and wait for it to come to you - go out and get it. That's always the hard part - going out and just "getting it." I also read that women relate to others by sharing, we build business relationships based on empathy, trust, on being 'engaged'. Very nurtury don't you think? I like that. It's a softer side of business. I want to encourage people to do the same thing. Find your talent, your 'gift', that thing (or in my case many things) that just take you to a place that is just YOU!  I've actually gotten a few emails from friends who are now painting or doing something else creative just because they thought I was brave enough to stand up and blurt out my own gig-of-the-day. I say "Hooray!"  Let's go for it!
K
The tiny landscape at the top is 2 inches x 5 inches. It comes in a glass clip frame, floating on a piece of handmade paper. Ready to hang. $25.  The 5 x 7 Beach flower painting comes matted, ready to frame. $25.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering where this box was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. Yes, I say GO FOR IT, too. Thanks for setting the example, Kate ;-D

    ReplyDelete