Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day Four - A Painting A Day

Some days get so splintered it's hard to keep a train of thought. I had a couple of errands to run this morning and I figured while I was at it, I'd drive a couple blocks past where we live and see some wide open space - because we still have that here in the Central Valley.  Some days I've got all kinds of inspiration before I am even alert, but today it was so gorgeous out that I wanted to see some barns and trees. Here are a few local sites that I snapped while I was driving around.
All this is within a couple of blocks of us. We live in among homes built in the 80s, but still it's so rural all around us, I love it.  The sheep are at the other end of our block. They're so cute!

So.......below is what I worked on today.

Thanks for coming.

K


8 x 10, Watercolor on Canvas, ready to frame or hang; $65.

Orange Poppies, 5 x 7 watercolor paper, matted; $30

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog site and the pics are great. Can't believe those charming areas are just down the road from us!!
    Your paintings are lovely. Do any Tulips? Their my favorite.
    Cori~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Kate!
    Anno (BWS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One painting a day..wow! Your paintings are wonderful..they have something..they really do! They are so happy and full of light and color! I´ll be checking in here just to soak up what you have to give! GOOD LUCK!!! AND I LOVE the barns!!! You are so lucky to have them near by!

    Humlan (BWS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that big red barn...STABILITY..it just feels that way. I am a city gir thru and thru so I probably don´t know what I am talking about.. but FOR ME..stability and peace..and my childhood summers.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete