Friday, June 18, 2010

Something a Little Bit Different

Today  I wanted to try something different - a little bit of fabric painting. I've prepped my cotton muslin and it's washed, ironed and I've stretched it onto a frame.......and now it's like a blank sheet of paper staring at me. I should have started on this hours ago but I busied myself with other household stuff, and then I thought maybe I'd be braved if I did a smaller piece first. Here's what I got. Now I'm comfortable with the dye and ready to go bigger. I didn't use a resist on the practice piece I will on the larger piece, which will make it less "blurry". My thought is to make some summery, hippyish hand painted skirts to sell at Farmers Market. I've been dying to do this and see what response I get, and I can't wait to see the finished product. It's always a surprise to me.

When do I want to do this? For tomorrow, Saturday. This will not be a surprise to my Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment