Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just Because You Can't Hear Me Doesn't Mean I'm Not Talking

I have got lots to show. A couple of them I'm still working on, adding layers of color a little at a time. I LOVE this 300 lb paper! It's just the absolute BEST ever to work on. I can get intense color without worrying about the paper breaking down. I suppose I could break away from flowers but I'm still enthralled by their intensity so maybe later.  I attempted to paint my cat......hmmm......one was close, she does have huge spotlight eyes......the other drawing/painting looks like a cartoony sort of cat........? That's the thing about drawing, one weird or misplaced line and all of a sudden you've gone into some weird twilight zone.

So.... I'm working on clay at the moment, I'll include a couple of those photos. These are my circus dogs and they're still in raw clay form but I like them. And you're going to look at them.

I'm heading to a senior citizens center on Friday to do a class. We'll be working on Van Gogh's "Sunflowers," and so I hope that I'll have some cool photos to share. It's hard to cram Van Gogh into one hour what it took him several years to do but that's evidently the program. We do what we can and pray for divine inspiration and hand control.

Here we go.....and by the way, the orange the watercolor IS actually THAT intense. It's gorgeous! It's 11x15 inches and would look absolutely fabulous with a 4 inch white matt border. Really! This close up photo is much better so you can really tell how it looks.   




Here's our real cat.....


And here's the cartoony cat....


 And here is a portion of an 11 x 15 watercolor of a pot of geraniums.
Followed by the circus dogs.  First meet Bones. Do not ask me where I come up with the names. I just do, and I can't tell you where they come from.... some deep recess in my mind.

Bones came to the circus kind of late. He just wasn't too sure what he wanted to do with his life, but he was one of those guys, those good looking guys who never quite seems to lock into a distinct direction, and he's a schmoozer, always knows what to say, can hold the crowd.....more about him later.

And here we have Cecily - she's a sweety but just a tad fixated on the ball.
We all know someone who's a little O.C.D. about something though,
don't we? She used to chase cars but when Rufus the Ringmaster showed her how delighted humans were with performing acts she quickly changed her gig.

Meet Juan. We call him Juan
Valdez.....it must be his jowls, but
he said he was from the depths of
Columbia and smuggled his way
out of the country by hiding on a barge heavily laden with a huge
coffee bean shipment headed for New York.
 



















So that's all for now! 

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment