Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 5 - Yes There's More

Day 5 and 6 -

Just painting. No talking today.
 
Well okay..... only a little bit of talking.

I stay up until way too late every night trying different things and then I wonder why my eyes are so tired the next day. I'm not a late riser either, usually awake by 6:30 or so. Someone told me that your body could actually store up sleep but that makes no sense to me. I don't think that can be accurate. A very sweet friend of mine told me that so I didn't want to argue.  I'm very frustrated right now and I am sure that the painting is my way of trying to control what I can in my life since so many things, work for instance, appears to be out of my control. I don't understand it because I'm quite witty, intelligent and have loads of really good ideas and I'm contentious .... maybe it's just not my time to find work? Or maybe it's just my time to be content in all things, even frustrating things? Maybe this is where my faith is tested and the patient girl wins? Perhaps. My underlying thought is that I must be gracious, handle difficulties with grace and know that things change in a blink of an eye.  Moving on ...





A small 6x9 inch piece. Loved the way the white flower turned out. And the way the back of the one red flower in the top left pleased me. Isn't it funny that white is only perceived white when there's other colors that white is NOT in there? Kind of like life - sometimes the only way you can find out what you DO want is to identify what you DON'T want.


 Nice little sunflowers. 6 x 9 inches.

 These last two pictures are just pieces of a painting I did of spider daisies. I like the whole piece - which you're not seeing right now - but I like the slices almost better. I would like to do these really large......REALLY LARGE like 40 x 60 inches. I think they'd be fantastic in the same colors so maybe some time when it's not so cost prohibitive I'll do just that. In the meantime I'll think of how these too mimic life - maybe as a whole it's good but slices of it are just magnificent.

Later.

K


No comments:

Post a Comment