Monday, April 25, 2011

Today's Update

Completed - I'm not touching it anymore.
These pictures are of the same chair, one of the Adirondack's that we bought a few years ago. It took us months to get them all put together. Then it took me FOREVER to get them primered and start painting. I think they were like the big scary blank canvas, or the blank sheet of paper that face artists or writers. You know, we kind of circle around those things until BAM - something hits and sticks and we're fast and furious at work because we've got a thought.

With all of my frantic brain activity - between our daughter getting married, Rosie the Nut Job dog, me with my backwards de-cluttering and my crazy tutoring schedule that's winding down - I had to do something that would just help me decompress. So on Saturday and Sunday the days were so beautiful that I just had to sit and do something that would be my little 'valium' in the midst of the craziness. And now I feel so much better.

I still have to paint the underneath and then seal it all but I can't wait to get to the next chair. It will be my reward for plowing through 7 boxes when I get back home today after tutoring. Yay!!!

K



Close view

First draft - before the blue.

1 comment:

  1. The color matched perfectly and the hair was very soft. The human hair wigs is super soft and exactly like the picture. There is no shedding and when I got it wet at the beach it still was soft once the human hair was dry. The human hair wigs uk is very natural and brazilian hair about it. Love these clip on hair extensions. There costly but worth it. I like to use heat on my head like flat irons and these hair extensions uk take the flat ironing really well. Plus they look totally natural. Planning on buying more in the lighter shade. I will continue to purchase hair from them.

    ReplyDelete