Monday, April 4, 2011

A Painting A Day - Spring Brings New Committment

     The days are beautiful, these few Spring days. Of course on the heels of these few days is SUMMER! Quite literally I'm afraid. I'm always amazed, though I've been here for years now, that in the Central Valley (of California) we do experience all four seasons, but the lovely Spring and Autumn days seem to be sandwiched between bold and aggressive taking-much-more-time-than-they-deserve Summer and Winter. In any case I love Spring and I embrace it's feeling of renewal and creativity. Off with the flannel sheets and on with the crisp feel of cotton. Off with hibernation mode and out to the potters wheel and the sunshine. I've picked up my favorite fine line pens and my wonderful colors of "stuff" that I color with.......and I'm ready !

So - I started a little girl - this is what I have so far. I drew until my eyes just got tired of seeing last night. And today is full of it's own busyness (is that a word?) so my treat, at the end of a long, four-tutoring-session day will be coming back to it... it needs much, much work.

And here's a sneak peek at something I've been working on with my clay.......very sneak peek...shhh.
Meet My Dog Spot!

And "I'm just a Party Animal."

Fun, huh? I thought so!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment