Monday, November 8, 2010

Art of the Day - or the last few anyway

A few years ago I became really interested in art quilts. I had some time and sat down with my sewing machine and a pile of pieces and came up with several fun pieces. This is one of them. It sat, neglected, for the last couple of years and I've recently picked it back up to add embellishment. The piece is 29" x 21". I think it's going to be really nice when I'm finished.

Above is the whole piece. Below are close-ups showing the French knots and beads I've been adding to the vines and the sky.
It's a nice change from the other things I've been doing. Hand work is always relaxing to me. When I've finished embellishing this piece I'll add  strips of solid color and a hanging sleeve so it will probably be a wall hanging.

That's all for now.

K



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it!! Wish I could have a full quilt like this. It's so cheery and YOU! Happy.

    xo Lori

    ReplyDelete