Thursday, June 26, 2014

Oh For The Love of Clay!

June 26, 2014 ~ 

 I've just been working with clay so far since school let out and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've got two clay classes I teach on Thursdays, one for 9-12 year olds in the morning and in the evening I've got adults. It's fun to see what they do with the instructions. You get a real feel for how your words are received - not always the way I think I'm saying something. Sometimes it's pretty funny. I've also got in that Thursday evening class a couple of developmentally challenged adults and it's been great enjoyment to watch them get more adept with their spatial reasoning and their attention span and the real clincher - patience.

Here are some pieces I've turned out and I've been selling - some of the flowers are small 5-inch pieces, others go up to 10.5-inches. They go either on the wall and have hangers or holes in the back of them, some get put on wire stems to put in pots, and others are large and sturdy enough to just get set in and around the garden for visual interest. Prices range from $9 to $40.

5-inch flowers

8-inch flower

5-inches
 


9-inch flower (on it's way to Hawaii)

Hey! Is there something
on my back?

10-inch flower
5 1/2-inch flower

 
7, 6 and 5 1/2-inch flowers
This 10-inch flower went to live
with Laurie McAdam

 

Thanks for looking! If there's anything I can make for you message me at DreamrKate@yahoo.com

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment