Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh Look! I'm Back.

I actually DO have something to share. When I had a "real" job - one that I went to every day - I played "Show and Tell" with my co-workers bringing in whatever I was crazily working on the week, day or night before. I loved getting the feedback, but now, since I work all over the place, I don't really have that much input because my audience is very limited and I can't be dragging in something I made to almost-strangers' homes. They'd think I was either crazy or seriously neurotic.

So.....all of you, (somewhere between 6 and 40 people who get this blog), you ARE my audience. You are my people.

Here is my share for the day -  This is a platter that I brought home last night from the clay class that I'm teaching. I  love the glaze I used. It's a Phoenix base glaze with Tizzy Blue glaze poured over it in some areas. It measures 14" x 12" x 2".

I am making more and have two drying even as we speak. It's shallow so it's not a spaghetti bowl, but it would be good for bread and beautiful for appetizers.... I may even make a sort of round one for a cake plate......be gone you perfectly round, perfectly normal, perfectly average cake plates!



Same large platter, different angles.

What do you think?


K

1 comment:

  1. I love it. And you say crazy or seriously neurotic like its a bad thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete